All entries are CASH ONLY on the day of race.
If you are on the “See Office” list; you MUST see them PRIOR to your run or your time will not count.
You must have a W-9 on file prior to collecting any winnings.
If you win money at a race and have left prior to the end of the race, we will contact you within 48 hours to make arrangements. If you need to contact us, please do so through our FB page.
We reserve the right to refuse service/entry to any person(s).
- Exhibitions MUST be taken in the order called.
- You have a MAXIMUM of 60 seconds for each one. If you exceed the 60 seconds you will be fined $10 and it must be paid prior to your open/youth/sidepots/BBHH run.
Riding Slots - Levelland Races ONLY
- May only be the 12 riders and the horse they are on.
- NO ponying horses.
- NO splitting your slot with another person.
- Please be courteous of others using the pattern.
- No “texting in” of entries.
- All results are posted on the app RodeoResults or can be found at www.thebettysraces.com
- All winnings that are not picked up at the conclusion of a race will be handled within 48 hours.
- All checks MUST be deposited within 30 days or they will be voided AND all winnings will be forfeited.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have correct addresses, paypal/venmo information, etc. If we have to replace a check there will be a $50 reissue fee.
- If you pre-enter and choose to draw out prior to the race starting; your office fees, any exhibition fees, and processing fees WILL NOT be refunded. Your refund will be handled within 48 hours of the conclusion of the race.
- If you are running in the first BBHH (slack) you must select all class options prior to 10:00 AM for Saturday races or prior to the next class beginning.
- A horse/rider combination may enter the race only once. However, more than one person will be allowed to ride the same horse…just not more than once. You may enter as many horses as you wish. (This is a variation of the family rule.)
- In the event of a timer failure, a re-run will be offered. Penalties from the original run will NOT be applied to the re-run.
- Horse/rider combos must compete in the order posted in the draw or you will receive a no time.
- Must wear closed toe shoes with a heel. Example BOOTS. No exceptions. Any other shoe will receive a no time
- A contestant will be given 3 gate calls. A contestant’s first gate call is checking in with the gate person. When the announcer calls you into the arena that will be your 2nd call.
- If you miss your run, it will be considered a no-time.
- If you compete out of order, you will be given a no-time.
- If you get off pattern, do not circle a barrel more than once.
- If you circle the barrel more than 1 time you will have a $25 fine. Keep the ground as good and fair as possible.
- Excessive/abuse of arena time could result in a fine.
- Horses must maintain forward momentum and no circling once they enter the arena or they will be given a no-time.
- A barrel that falls to the ground and has to be reset before the next runner will be considered a knocked down barrel and will result in a no-time.
- You will have 60 seconds to enter the arena for your run - if you can not, you will be disqualified.
- A contestant wishing to point out a discrepancy or file a complaint must do so with a Betty’s official, accompanied by a $50 fee.
- All complaints must be filed in a timely manner to be considered.
- If The Betty’s Productions sides with the contestant on the discrepancy, the $50 will be returned, however, if the organization disagrees with the complaint the $50 will not be returned.
- The Betty’s Productions official’s decision is final!
Open/Youth Payback and Race Format
- The open will be a 4D race with ½ second splits. 75% of entry fees will go into purse. 100% of added money will go into the purse. Unless stated otherwise.
- The 15 & U youth will be a 3D race with ½, whole second splits. 80% of entry fees will go into the purse (unless otherwise stated for a specific race.) 100% of added money will go into the purse.
Better Barrel Horse Handicap (BBHH)
- BBHH is a flat fee with NO payout.
- May ℅ to other classes w/o deciding ahead of time (if you decide to ℅, you MUST let us know prior to that class starting and pay the appropriate fees for the class.)
- If you choose to ℅ to another class and do not like your run, let us know and we will draw you backup at the bottom of the open to run again.
- You may enter this class again as many times as you like (with the same horse) as long as you pay the $10 fee each time in lieu of running at the bottom of the open. ALL other times will be considered NULL and VOID. The last time you run that horse is the time that counts towards the open/youth/sidepots/average/etc.
- Essentially it is an “insurance” run.
- You may “fix” each barrel ONE time ONLY.
- This class is intended to help with horses that are having “alley issues,” “barrel issues,” trying out a new horse/bit/saddle/etc., and/or just coming back from an injury.
- It is NOT for excessive schooling and remember there are other racers coming behind you.
- There will be a 3 minute limit for the gate call. We know people use this class to work on alley issues, after 3 minutes you will be turned out and can try again in the open if there is a carry over.
Sidepots/Incentive Classes (If offered)
- Ages are based as of January 1 of current year.
- Adult 4D sidepot is open to contestants 16 - 49 and must be carried over from the Open 4D class.
- Splits are ½ second across and the payout is 80%.
- Senior 4D sidepot is open to contestants 50 and up and must be carried over from the Open 4D class.
- Splits are ½ second across and the payout is 80%.
- The Futurity (if applicable) will be a 2D race with whole second splits. 90% of entry fees will go into purse. 100% of added money will go into the purse.
- The Rodeo Run (if applicable) will be a 2D split with whole second splits. 90% of entry fees will go into the purse. 100% of added money will go into the purse.
Average Awards & Monies (2 day races only)
- Average awards and monies will be presented based on Saturday and Sunday runs.
- Must be entered in the average prior to your horse running and close of books on Saturday to be eligible for awards and monies.
- Same horse and rider combination.
- Splits will be:
- Fastest time plus .5 second for 2D.
- Fastest time plus 1 seconds for 3D.
- Fastest time plus 1.5 seconds for 4D.
Vet/Doctor Outs (2 day races only)
- Must be received by 5pm as posted on the flyer.
- All refunds will be processed approximately within 10 days after the show.
- Office and processing fees will NOT be refunded.
THE BETTY’s WARM-UP AREA ETIQUETTE
The following items are for enhanced safety so Please Respect them!
Our Goal: “To Teach Better Safety Not Preach”
Only Racers/Riders with paid entries or exhibitions or one approved assistant (on foot or horseback) may enter the warm-up area.
No Cutting Across the Warm-Up Area on foot. Walk around!
Limit Cell Phone Use! Go Outside.
Warm up area is not for gathering and socializing in groups. Go outside.
Do not run up the butt of another horse in front of you. Look for colored Ribbons on tails of horses.
Horse owners please put an appropriate tail ribbon on your horse for safety.
-Ribbons (free) are available at the office.
-Red Ribbon indicates Kicker/Aggressive/Moody
-Yellow Ribbon indicates Stallion
-Green Ribbon indicates very young or green horse-little experience
-White Ribbon means horse is for sale
Do not Dart or Cut abruptly in front of another rider or across the flow.
No Ponying, Lunging or Rolling of horses in warm-up area.
No "breezing" horses in warm up area.
Any Rider of any age that is not in control of their horse or appears to need assistance will be asked to exit the warm-up area.
No Pop-Up Barrels or other equipment allowed in warm-up area.
NO TOLERANCE POLICY for inappropriate behavior toward any Betty’s Crew Member/Facility Staff or other Racers/Riders/Assistants.
Please approach one of our Primary Crew Members or go to Entry Office for help with any situation you are concerned about in the Warm-up Area. This will help to avoid conflicts and misunderstandings! Let us take care of it for you!
Warm-up area will be watched/monitored by all Betty’s Crew Members.
If inclement weather occurs, we will announce any adjustments.
The Betty’s reserves the right to alter or change any of the above at any time if necessary to provide a safer environment as well as a great experience.